Wednesday, March 25, 2009

U-Blog 4

So... as the date slowly gets closer for my groups turn to go to the heritage the nervousness increases. I'm not that comfortable around people i do not know especially older people. Call me shallow, but i believe this fear stems from visiting my great aunt in an nursing home and seeing old people who are very sick, physically and mentally. Even though i know that the Heritage is not a "nursing" home and that folks there are not the people at the "nursing" home that i use to visit, that old fear which was installed by visiting that place starts to creep back up. But i am jot scared just nervous how this is going to go, and how easily the folks will grasp what we are going to teach them. I mean i know they are not just going to get it after five minutes, but just wondering how difficult our job is going to be. But i guess that's why it is recommended for us to visit a workshop before we have to teach our own, to get acquainted, and to get a feel for what you are going to be doing. I will attend one workshop before my groups workshop if my work schedule will allow me to do so. Until that fateful day when it is my groups turn to do our workshop, i say i will not let my fear of strange old people get in the way of teaching the folks at the heritage how to instant message in style with AIM. ¡Liva la tecnologĂ­a!


1 comment:

  1. tim i feel you on all of that. i think as a group we will be alright cause i like to speak in front of people and i think that will help our group out a lot. but also i think that we will need to do a little practice run before we go. I think that the older people will be ready to learn. and you shouldnt be afraid of older people its going to be as smooth as talking to your grandmother. and i guess sometime you got to come in contact with your fear to get over it. trust me its not going to be that bad at all

    ReplyDelete